FAQs for R.A. 9775 or Anti-Child Pornography Act of 2009
What is the Inter-Agency Council Against Child Pornography (IACACP)?
It is a body that is primarily tasked to coordinate, monitor and oversee the implementation of the R.A. 9775 is now challenged with the fast development on information and communication technology.
What is child pornography?
As defined by R.A. 9775
- Child pornography refers to any representation, whether visual, audio, or written combination thereof, by electronic, mechanical, digital, optical, magnetic or any other means, of child engaged or involved in real or simulated explicit sexual activities.
- CHILD PORNOGRAPHY is considered as one of the WORST FORMS OF CHILD LABOR.
- It invariably involves and/or influences SEXUAL ABUSE of children.
- It poses NEGATIVE PSYCHOSOCIAL EFFECTS on its victims.
- Child Pornography in the Philippines, UP-CIDS and UNICEF (2005)
- Child Pornography is a grave form of sexual abuse and exploitation.
- Victims of child pornography are haunted by their victimization throughout their lives because pornographic images are permanent testaments of their experience that may be passed on from one individual to another from generation to another.
Who are the member agencies/organizations?
The IACACP is composed of fifteen (15) member agencies and organizations. This includes:
- Commission on Human Rights
- Council for the Welfare of Children
- Department of Justice
- Department of Labor and Employment
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Social Welfare and Development- Chair
- ECPAT Philippines- Vice Chair
- Information and Communication Technology Office
- National Bureau of Investigation
- National Telecommunication Commission
- Optical Media Board
- Philippine Center for Transnational Crime
- Philippine National Police
- Stairway Foundation, Inc.
- International Justice Mission (IJM)
DOST and ICTO are now under one representation.
Philippine Information Agency, Department of Education and Department of Interior and Local Government are among other government agencies actively supporting the initiatives of the Council.
What are the programs and services for victims of child pornography?
Where to report cases of child pornography?
PNP Patrol 117
PNP ACG-Project Angelnet
Tel. No. (02) 723-0401 local 5354
Fax No. (02) 414-1560
Online Reporting: http://www.angelnet.ph/contact_us.html
NBI: (02) 523-8231 to 38 local 3454 to 3455
DOJ-OOC: (02) 526-2747
Text DSWD <space> blockchildporn <space> URL Address and send to 2327
Text blockchildporn <space> URL Address and send to 0918-9122813
EVERY IMAGE IS FOREVER!!!
Report it, Don’t Support it!