This page shall provide useful and practical information for the majority of the computer and internet users such as school age children, parents/guardians and other child duty-bearers on how to protect children against child pornography or online child abuse and exploitation.
About Child Pornography
- What is Child Pornography?
As defined by R.A. 9775
- Child pornography refers to any representation, whether visual, audio, or written combination thereof, by electronic, mechanical, digital, optical, magnetic or any other means, of child engaged or involved in real or simulated explicit sexual activities.
- CHILD PORNOGRAPHY is considered as one of the WORST FORMS OF CHILD LABOR.
- It invariably involves and/or influences SEXUAL ABUSE of children.
- It poses NEGATIVE PSYCHOSOCIAL EFFECTS on its victims.
- Child Pornography in the Philippines, UP-CIDS and UNICEF (2005)
- Child Pornography is a grave form of sexual abuse and exploitation.
- Victims of child pornography are haunted by their victimization throughout their lives because pornographic images are permanent testaments of their experience that may be passed on from one individual to another from generation to another.
- Who are at risks?
- Who are the predators?
- How to protect your child against online child abuse and exploitation?
- What are the new trends on cybercrime against children
About Information and Communication Technology
- The Computer and Internet
- The social media
- Safe use of internet